Monday, January 2, 2012

We're back!!!

Yup, that's right. It's been over 6 months. I was in the kitchen, stirring my pot of a sweater I am dying using blueberries, salt, and vinegar and thought, "I should be taking a picture of this for the blog!" And that's what I did. The project is very passive so I was also drinking red wine and watching old episodes of the Office -- sorry, I didn't crop the pic ;-)

So, why the post all of a sudden? Honestly, 2011 has been a roller coaster. I love roller coasters, but 2011 has been a tad nauseating. Quick recap: we've lost one job, gained two, became the community photographer, put our dreams of buying a house on hold, laughed, cried, became an aunt and uncle, tragically lost a family member, cut our hair short and grew it out long, started paying back both of our student loans, had weeks (yes, more than one) where our total number of work hours were well over 100, applied for food stamps, and starting earning more money than we ever had in our lives all in one year. We sadly spent a lot of 2011 tired. We also spent a lot of time reflecting...

And now we resume the blog. It's different from before. Instead of a mini-change a week, it will be everything: changes, projects, ideas, our quest for a home to call our own, our week by week adventures of being a couple trying to be good stewards of this Earth while we enjoy one another and what She gives back to us.

So, check back this Sunday for a post on what happens with my sweater!

Peace!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Dyeing with blueberries. I've only ever dyed yarn, so I am very interested to hear how this turns out. Does the color get on all sides of the fibers. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete