Sunday, January 15, 2012

Eco Dry Cleaning?

This is a post way back from May that I guess we never posted. We have since gone twice to this dry cleaners, since, for those things that are dry clean only, they do claim eco practices. Here's the post:

This is all started with a Spring Cleaning / Purge. Guthrie and I made it a point, especially with the grad school coma I was in, to start the spring off right with a full on cleaning of the apartment and the purging of things we really don't need. We organized kitchen cupboards, found new was of arranging things, added compost to the house plants, (I separated the compost from the wormies), cleaned things that had been neglected, and got our house ready to host people once again. We also had nice carload of clothing and other items to donate to goodwill. Then we got to the front hallway closest...

There's a question mark since this is not the most totally eco thing in the word, but some things need dry cleaning. We are the type of people that just put many things that are "dry clean only" on really delicate in the wash and lay flat to drive (I am sure some people are cringing), but with our winter coats and Guthrie's suits we wanted to make sure we didn't mess them up. We with Chinook Book in hand, we found Prestige Cleaners and Uptown Cleaners. Here are some of the highlights:
- odor free
- non-toxic
- clean with pure liquid silicone (which is chemically inert)
- when finished, it breaks down into three components - water, sand and carbon dioxide

Honestly, I don't really understand, and have been happy with their service (plus the discount in the Chinook Book). For more info on their process, check out this website: GreenEarth Cleaning

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I have been meaning to find a more eco-friendly dry cleaners, though I also try to avoid going by washing most things on delicate or by hand. Some silks though, I knew I had to dry clean. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this article is very nice. It’s a new inspiration for me. I like it. thank you my friend


    Dry cleaning in london

    London Dry cleaners

    Central London dry cleaners

    ReplyDelete