Sunday, December 26, 2010

Thirty-Six - DIY Hand Sanitizer

Schools are breeding grounds for disease and bacteria -- and teachers need to do anything they can to keep themselves from getting sick. I am not a fan of hand sanitizer because I don't really know what's in it and it is used so religiously by many people, though I understand the benefits of having clean hands, especially when I can't stop and wash them every time I touch something another person has touched. I found this recipe I decided to try from Discovery's Plant Green.

Simple. The hardest part is collecting the ingredients, but once you have them, they last a long time. I was able to get them all at my co-op (of course).





In a small dispenser bottle, combine 1 teaspoon of aloe Vera gel with 2 drops each of cinnamon, clove, rosemary and eucalyptus essentials oils. (Cinnamon oil is a natural antibacterial). Then add 5 drops of either lemon, grapefruit or orange oil a little bit of distilled water to top it off. Shake it and you're good to go!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment