Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Twenty-Six - Refrigerator Coils

Since my birthday is October 14th (tomorrow, or in about 3.5 hours), and Guthrie and I are finally going camping at the BWCA this weekend, I am posting early. We'll have pics from the trip uploaded to our flickr site. This post will be quick and unrefined, but, honestly, who am I kidding? Our blog is not that fancy.  :)

Pic from doverprojects.blogspot.com
For fall and spring cleaning, Guthrie and I have added cleaning our refrigerator coils to the list! Why? These coils (either in the back or on the bottom or both) hold the liquid that keeps the air inside the fridge cold. When the coils are covered with dust and muck, it takes a lot more energy for the fridge to work. There are many ways you can clean them -- there are actual refrigerator coil brushes out there (maybe if we actually own the fridge would I spend money on it...). Until then, a vacuum cleaner with a small attachment or a damp cloth will work just fine. Pull out the fridge/take of the bottom plate and have at it! It's a quick job, and you could see some savings in your energy bill! Mother earth will also thank you.

Peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment