Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fifty-Three - Clothing Swap

Last weekend I attended a clothing swap that some of my friends put on. It was a wonderful event! One that occurs every fall and spring and is growing in participation. I attended a few years back, but it is a much bigger event.

What is a clothing swap? It is a day where people (in this case, women) bring all of their unwanted, but in still good condition, clothes to a house where it is sorted by type (pants, skirts, dresses, shoes, accessories, shirts, sweaters, etc) and then everyone is free to "shop!". There are mirrors and places to try things on, and everyone can take what they want. It is very open, you don't have to take as much as your bring, or take turns, it's very diplomatic. People bring snacks to share and once everyone is done swapping, the rest of the clothes are bagged up and delivered to goodwill. The group has donated over 50 bags of clothes so far.

I was excited because I was able to find pants, a dress, sweaters, and good clothes for work. I was also able to invite some classmates and hope this event continues to expand. The more people the come, the better selection of styles and sizes. The main lady in charge of the event is moving to California, and I hoping to help organize it with two of the other leading ladies of the event. Interested in being a part of the next one? Contact me and I'll get you on the invite list!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment